Nubia is set to launch its flagship phone, the Z11 in India, in mid-December, sources have confirmed to India Today Tech. In addition, the company will also launch a budget phone with emphasis on a big battery (4,500-5,000mAh) alongside the Z11. While the Z11 will be tentatively priced at under Rs 30,000 the budget phone (that Nubia is hoping to keep as a surprise element) will likely be priced anywhere between Rs 10,000-15,000.The Z11 was launched in June earlier this year and is Nubia’s flagship phone for the year 2016-17. The USP of the Z11 is its near bezel-less screen that amounts to a 75.2 per cent screen-to-body ratio on the phone. The phone has virtually no side bezels so it appears as if the whole screen runs edge-to-edge. To emphasise this fact further, the phone’s software — custom Nuibia skin based on Android Marshmallow — comes with characteristic edge features. The phone comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p display and a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor clubbed with up to 6 gigs of RAM and 64GB of internal memory which is further expandable via microSD card. It sports a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus, OIS and dual-LED (dual tone) flash alongside an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.The dualSIM phone is backed by a 3000 mAh battery and supports fast charging.Nubia, until now, has resisted from bringing its top-tier flagship phones to India. Its last launch here was the Z11 Mini which was launched in October. Moving on, the company is looking to change that and streamline the whole process so there would be a lesser gap between its phones’ global and India unveiling, sources have further told India Today Tech. This also means, the company would be launching more phones here in the days to come. advertisementAlso Read: ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini review: Camera and battery life make it a superstar
Kirk Herbstreit’s predictions for the 2016 College Football Playoff field feature three unsurprising picks, and one darkhorse.College football fans are used to Kirk Herbstreit’s predictions. The ESPN personality updates his college football playoff field on a weekly basis during the season. Today, he dropped his preseason CFP forecast.Appearing on ESPN Radio’s Russillo and Kanell, Herbstreit revealed the four teams he has making this year’s College Football Playoff: Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State are locked in, and he’s close to certain on TCU being the fourth team.Clemson: “I’m going to have Clemson, who I think’s going to go on to win the championship. That has everything to do with one guy. I hate to put it all on him, but Deshaun Watson, to me, is just a freak.”Alabama: “I would pick Alabama out of the SEC, because of another one guy. That is Nick Saban.”Ohio State: “I think Ohio State still comes out of the Big Ten. I think J.T. Barrett, despite all their [personnel] losses, will kind of allow Ohio State to be able to maneuver through their schedule and get there to win a Big Ten Championship.”TCU: “Those three I feel pretty good about. The fourth team I think I’m going to go TCU out of the Big 12. It’s either a Pac-12 team or TCU. Right now, I’m leaning towards TCU as my fourth team to get in.”We suppose Herbie could change his mind on the Horned Frogs before he tapes his annual “Herbie” awards show. However, he was probably the only guy picking Oklahoma to make the CFP in the preseason last year, so he’s been right before going off the beaten path.College football fans, how do you feel about Herbstreit’s predictions? Did he nail them, or is he way off?
Kota (Rajasthan): Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has asked officials of various central ministries to provide immediate relief to the flood affected people in Rajasthan, an official statement said on Thursday.The Kota – Bundi parliamentarian held a meeting with senior officials of ministry of Home, Defence, Rural Development, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in New Delhi on Wednesday. Birla was on a two-day tour to the flood affected areas and shared his assessment of the loss and damage with the officials during the meeting. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra SinghHe directed the officials to provide immediate relief to the flood victims. He also asked them to assess the loss and damage to property and crops. Officials informed him about the relief measures taken up for the flood affected people and said they were in constant touch with the state government. Meanwhile, state officials said post the receding of flood waters from the low lying areas of the Chambal river in Kota, restoration work and and cleaning drive have begun on a war footing. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroadThe affected areas have been divided into 12 zones and 12 JCB machines, 28 tractors and other equipment have been pressed into service under the supervision of 12 state administrative services officials. KMC commissioner Kirti Rathod a survey to assess the loss and damage of property is also underway. Medical teams have also been deployed in the flood affected areas. Kota District Collector Muktanand Agrawal and KMC Commissioner Kirti Rathod visited the flood affected areas on Wednesday and took stock of the situation.
Noida: A rickshaw driver and a passenger were killed while another passenger was critically injured after an unidentified four wheeler rammed into the e-rickshaw in phase-II area of Noida on early Wednesday morning. Police are yet to identify the accused driver who fled away from the spot after the incident.According to police, the rickshaw driver identified as Santosh, a native of Jhansi and a passenger Hussain Ali of Uttar Dinajpur district in West Bengal died on the spot while another passenger identified as Riyajul suffered injuries in the incident and has been admitted to the hospital. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarThe incident occurred around 2 pm on Wednesday near Panchsheel baalak inter college in phase-II area. Farmood Ali Pundeer, Station House Officer of Phase-II police station said that the four wheeler was being driven rashly on the wrong side of road when it collided with the e-rickshaw. “A passerby conveyed information to police and police took the victims to nearby Yatharth hospital where doctors declared two persons as dead on arrival while another man has been admitted to the hospital for treatment.” “Initial investigations into the case showed that the four wheeler involved in the incident was being driven on the wrong side of the road. We are trying to identify the vehicle by checking the CCTV footage of nearby area and are also questioning the nearby shopkeepers,” added Pundeer. Meanwhile police are yet to receive any complaint into the matter.
Los Angeles: Miley Cyrus is back to making music, two weeks after her split from Kaitlynn Carter. The 26-year-old singer took to Instagram to share a photo of herself inside the studio, indicating that she is working on new music. “Back in the yo! I am so f***ing inspired right now… Thank You NEW MOON,” she captioned the photo. In late September, it was reported that Cyrus and Carter, 31, have gone their separate ways, a little over a month after they started dating. Also Read – ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ has James Cameron’s fingerprints all over it: Arnold Schwarzenegger According to Us Weekly, the relationship ended as the singer went to Las Vegas on September 21, with her mother, Tish Cyrus and her elder sister, Brandi Cyrus to attend the iHeartRadio Music Festival, where Miley was set to perform. Kaitlynn of “Hills: New Beginnings” fame stayed home where she was seen relaxing as per her Instagram Stories. The duo were first linked in early August, when they were spotted kissing on vacation in Italy. Also Read – Salman pays tribute to Vinod Khanna on ‘Dabangg 3’ wrap upTheir photographs started doing the rounds on social media hours before Miley confirmed her separation from actor, now former husband Liam Hemsworth on August 10 after less than eight months of marriage. Carter and her longtime boyfriend Brody Jenner had announced their own split just a week earlier. Kaitlynn was also seen wearing a ring with the letter ‘M’ when the former couple attended New York Fashion Week in early this month.
Just Studio recently launched the official trailer of its first Bengali feature film titled ‘Purbo Poschim Dokkhin Uttor Ashbei’, on September 28, at the Lake Club, Kolkata. The movie has been produced by Suchandra Vaaniya. Renowned actor of the industry Prasenjit Chatterjee inaugurated the trailer. Actors Arpita Chatterjee, Suchandra Vaaniya, Gaurab Chakraborty, Padmanabha Dasgupta, Satrajit Sarkar and other cast and crew members of the film were present at the event.
New Delhi: India opener Rohit Sharma impressed everyone with his swashbuckling knock of 176 against South Africa in Visakhapatnam and even former Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar couldn’t stop himself from lauding the right-handers’ effort. Posting a video on his official YouTube handle, Akhtar said he had acknowledged Rohit’s true potential in 2013. “I had asked Rohit to add a G, for Great before his name (Great Rohit Sharma) and play in the manner going in with the mindset that he is the best batsman in India,” Akhtar said in the video. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: RijijuHe further said that Rohit is also turning out to be a modern-day great like Virat Kohli and Steven Smith. The former Pakistan pacer also said that in future when India face-off against England in a five-match Test series, Rohit could amass 1000 runs in the rubber and will surpass Smith’s run tally of 774 runs in the recently concluded Ashes series. Significantly, Rohit opened for the first time in Test cricket for India and went on to shatter various records. The ‘Hitman’ also equalled former India skipper and batting great Rahul Dravid’s record of six consecutive fifties on home soil in Tests.
Sulthan Bathery (Ker): Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday visited five youths sitting on a relay hunger strike for 10 days against the restriction on movement of vehicles on a national highway that passes through a tiger reserve in neighbouring Karnataka. Expressing solidarity with the youths, Gandhi spoke to them and said he hoped the issue would be resolved soon. He promised to make available legal help to the youths. Gandhi, who reached the site of the protest at Freedom park here, said the youngsters represent the cause of Wayanad, his Lok Sabha constituency, and thanked them for their “sacrifice”. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss account details under automatic exchange framework “They represent the suffering of the people here. All political parties are united as far as the night travel ban issue is concerned. There is no political difference on this,” he said. The movement of vehicles on a stretch of the national highway in Kerala is banned from 9 pm to 6 am to reduce disturbance to wildlife in the Bandipur Tiger Reserve. Gandhi recently met Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in New Delhi and discussed the hardships faced by people of Wayanad due to the ban of traffic. Also Read – Afghan Taliban frees 3 Indian hostages in exchange for 11 top militant leaders: Reports Demanding that the ban be lifted, the youths are sitting on a hunger strike. Gandhi said no travel ban is imposed in similar cases in other parts of the country. The Congress leader promised to the people of Wayanad that “best legal resources” would be made available in this matter. “I have spoken to our legal experts to deal with this issue. We will have the best legal resource of this country for the cause of Wayanad. I wanted you to know that I stand with you and we are going to go intelligently and sensitively work on this matter,” he said. He pointed out that he had raised the issue in Parliament. On Tuesday, the Centre assured Kerala CM Vijayan that a committee would be formed to study the ban. Thousands of farmers and students have taken out long marches against the ban. The Kerala government has suggested construction of an elevated stretch through the core area of the tiger reserve. However, Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar in a letter to Vijayan last month stated that the state’s recommendation had been discussed and it was suggested that a ‘status quo’ be maintained.
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia gave a “positive” response Friday to a truce offer from Huthi rebels in Yemen and called for its implementation. Since 2015, Riyadh has led a military coalition in support of Yemen’s internationally recognised government against the Huthis, who are backed by Iran. The conflict has killed tens of thousands of people, most of them civilians, according to humanitarian organisations, and left Yemen faced with what the UN terms the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: Report”The truce announced in Yemen is perceived positively by the kingdom, as this is what it has always sought, and hopes it will be implemented effectively,” vice defence minister Prince Khalid bin Salman wrote on Twitter. On September 21, the Huthis announced they were ready to make peace with Riyadh, later repeating their offer despite continued Saudi-led coalition air strikes. Saudi Arabia has said it would judge the Huthis on their “actions and not by their words”. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protestsOn Monday, Huthi rebels freed 290 prisoners under an exchange that was part of a de-escalation accord struck in Sweden in December 2018. Prince Khalid also accused Iran of exploiting the situation in Yemen and “evading responsibility for their terrorist acts”. The Huthis claimed responsibility for attacks on September 14 against two key Saudi oil installations, that temporarily knocked out half of the OPEC giant’s production. Riyadh and Washington, however, blamed Iran for the attacks, a charge denied by Tehran.
New Delhi: Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan will visit Mongolia between October 8 and 9 as a follow-up of the state visit by the President of Mongolia to India last month, an official statement said on Sunday. “On 8 October, 2019, the minister will participate in the opening ceremony of infrastructure that Mongolia has already constructed for the Indian-funded Mongol refinery project,” it said. During the visit, he will have meetings with the Mongolian Minister for Mining and Heavy Industry to “develop a road map for commencing the construction of the refinery. Possible areas of collaboration in other sectors like mining, coking coal, and railways will also be discussed,” it said. Also Read – Commercial vehicle sales to remain subdued in current fiscal: IcraPradhan will call on the Prime Minister and President of Mongolia. The Mongol refinery project is being developed under a line of credit of USD 1.23 billion extended by India during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Mongolia in 2015 and, subsequently, increased during the visit of the President of Mongolia to India last month. Engineers India Ltd, under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, is the project management consultant for the development of the oil refinery.