Department of Agriculture in the North will not release business case into Ballykelly move

first_img LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Google+ Facebook News RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Department of Agriculture in the North will not release business case into Ballykelly move Previous articleFuture bright for Ballybofey Football Club as land dispute is settledNext articleElderly people targeted in St Johnston/Manorcunningham break ins News Highland WhatsApp Facebook Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Pinterest Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published center_img Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey WhatsApp Cllr Patsy KellyThe Department of Agriculture in the North have said they will not release a business plan into the relocation of its headquarters to Ballykelly.It was announced in September 2012 that 800 civil service jobs would be moving from Belfast to Ballykelly, even though a leaked memo revealed that Strabane actually topped a table of suitable locations for the jobs.Strabane District Council had submitted a freedom of information request to see the business case which led to Ballykelly being chosen ahead of Strabane.Strabane Cllr Patsy Kelly has described DARD’s decision not to release the business case as ‘shameful’….[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/patsy.mp3[/podcast] Twitter By News Highland – February 7, 2014 Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Google+ Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson Twitter Pinterestlast_img read more

Read more

Couple from Twin Towns area collects €5 million Lotto jackpot, but chooses to remain…

first_img Twitter WhatsApp Twitter By News Highland – April 11, 2013 Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Pinterest Previous articleHouse where Daniel O’Donnell grew up for saleNext articleBernard Mc Glinchey to be buried on Sunday News Highland LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Google+ Google+center_img Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Couple from Twin Towns area collects €5 million Lotto jackpot, but chooses to remain anonymous Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published News Pinterest A married couple from the Twin Towns has collected a cheque for €5,146,800 from National Lottery headquarters in Dublin.The winning numbers from last Saturday night’s draw were contained on a €4 ticket bought at Moore’s Costcutters store in Ballybofey.The couple wants to remain anonymous, but it has been confirmed they do live locally.This is the second highest ever Lotto jackpot win in Donegal, the biggest was in January of last year last year when €5.48 million was won on a ticket bought in  Killea.Today’s winning couple, who do not wish their win to be public, say they did not get too excited when they realised their good fortune on Saturday last:The wife bought the ticket, using long standing numbers based on family birthdays.She said the next day, at Mass in Stranorlar, everyone was speculating about who had won the Lotto. She joined in the speculation, but didn’t tell a soul.The couple say they want to give some donations to charities, including the Simon Community in Letterkenny; the Capuchin Fathers and Fr. Peter McVerry’s charity’.The woman, who doesn’t yet drive, said she would like to buy a Camper Van and travel around, adding they have only been out of the country once before. Facebook Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margeylast_img read more

Read more

IPU cancels public meeting on Carrigans Post Office

first_img By News Highland – August 5, 2010 Google+ Pinterest Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Twitter Facebook Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Facebook IPU cancels public meeting on Carrigans Post Office Pinterestcenter_img Google+ Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Previous articleGardai renew appeal for information on Loughanure attackNext articleChurch won’t comment on Claudy bombing until after ombudsman’s reports published News Highland A public meeting which was to have been held this evening in support of Carrigans Postmistress, Bernie Moore has been cancelled.The meeting had been called by the Irish Postmasters’ Union, which maintains that An Post has no justifiable basis to terminate the contract the Donegal postmistress for allegedly breaching security procedures during an armed raid in Carrigans in February of last year.This morning, an IPU spokesperson confirmed to Highand Radio News that the meeting was off, but would make no further comment. Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week WhatsApp Newslast_img read more

Read more

Key EU fishing talks underway

first_img Key talks between with EU Fisheries Ministers and Irish fishing representatives get under way today on a number of proposed measured which could severely impact fishing industry off the northwest coast.There are proposed cuts in key fish quotas and strict new technical measures which is claimed will effectively mean the closure of the mixed whitefish fisheries off the North West coast.The Federation of Irish Fishermen is attending the talks and is chaired by the head of the KFO Sean O’Donoghue – He says planned cuts to mackerel will hit the ports of Greencastle and Killybegs. Key EU fishing talks underway Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Google+ Pinterest Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also By News Highland – December 14, 2009 Twitter Pinterest Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week center_img WhatsApp WhatsApp Facebook Previous articleGovernment to committ to key projects during north/south talksNext articleDecleration calls on EU on government to return islander’s fishing rights News Highland Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Twitter News Google+last_img read more

Read more

Department conditions imposed on hill farmers are unnecessary – Harkin

first_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Homepage BannerNews HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Facebook Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Twitter Google+ Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Twitter Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Department conditions imposed on hill farmers are unnecessary – Harkincenter_img PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal By News Highland – November 15, 2014 Previous articleDerry Couple who Admit to Drug Charges Avoid PrisonNext articleO’Donnell demands action as NI prepares to enforce truck levy News Highland Pinterest WhatsApp WhatsApp Independent MEP Marian Harkin believes The Department of Agriculture is unnecessarily imposing conditions on the participation of hill and commonage farmers in the new EU supported GLAS Scheme.The claims come following a meeting she organised with senior European Commission officials and which was attended by farmers from Donegal, Galway, Mayo and Sligo.Speaking to Highland radio news, MEP Marian Harkin says there’s no reason why this issue cannot be resolved quickly and is calling for the Minister of Agriculture to intervene:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/harkinhills.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Facebook Pinterest Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derrylast_img read more

Read more

Special Report – Over €200,000 raised during Relay for Life will stay in Donegal

first_imgNews Special Report – Over €200,000 raised during Relay for Life will stay in Donegal Previous articleDonegal Deputy Pearse Doherty welcomes Anglo arrestsNext articleVideo of Donegal Mountain Rescue Team’s Muckish Mountain Rescue News Highland Pinterest Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter WhatsApp Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Google+ By News Highland – July 24, 2012 center_img Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Twitter PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Facebook Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Pinterest WhatsApp HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Facebook The Irish Cancer Society has said at least €200,000 of the money raised during Relay for Life in May will be spent in Donegal.The event in the grounds of LYIT saw over 400 cancer survivors joined by thousands of others in what is believed to have been the biggest ever Relay for Life event in Europe.It’s expected that the final amount raised will be over €350,000, with how that money is spent sparking a major debate on today’s Shaun Doherty Show.Donal Kavanagh has more………..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/donrelay.mp3[/podcast]last_img read more

Read more

Advice issued by Gardai ahead of tonight’s league game at Maginn Park

first_img WhatsApp Twitter 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Homepage BannerNews Facebook Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Fans travelling to tonight’s historic first home league game for Derry City at Maginn Park are asked to enjoy the event but be respectful of local residents.Derry City are using the Park in Buncrana while redevelopment works are carried out at Brandywell Stadium and tonight they host Limerick City.Gardai are asking people to park legally and to not drink excessively – a message echoed by local Councillor Jack Murray:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/jack1pm.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Pinterest Pinterest By News Highland – March 3, 2017 center_img 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic WhatsApp Twitter Previous articleDonegal Women head for Galway in Inter League CompetitionNext articleDonegal’s property vacancy rates prove there’s no housing crisis, only a crisis of inaction – Deputy Pringle News Highland Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Advice issued by Gardai ahead of tonight’s league game at Maginn Park Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Google+ Facebook Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Read more

HSE using political uncertainty to implement home help cuts – Harkin

first_img Twitter WhatsApp Midlands North West MEP Marian Harkin has accused the HSE of using the current political impasse to implement cuts to homecare packages and home help hours.It’s believed the cuts would affect almost 7,500 carers in Donegal who currently provide care to the value of over €93 million each year.Marian Harkin is calling on the acting Minister for Health Leo Varadkar to ask the HSE not to implement the latest cuts.She says the lack of information being provided by the HSE is a serious cause for concern:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/marianhomehelp.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry By admin – April 21, 2016 Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR HSE using political uncertainty to implement home help cuts – Harkin Google+ Facebook Twitter Pinterestcenter_img Previous articleClarity sought on plans for closure of Bell Gray Nursing Home in NewtownstewartNext articleHundreds attend Month’s Mind mass for Buncrana tragedy victims admin WhatsApp Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Homepage BannerNews Google+ Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Read more

Reports of fake collectors asking people to pay household charge

first_imgNewsx Adverts People are being warned to be on the lookout after reports of people claiming to be from the Council trying to collect the household charge.There has been a number of reports today of people going round door to door in the Glengad and Buncrana areas pretending to be from the local authority.Donegal County Council have confirmed no-one has been authorised to collect the household charge on its behalf.Sinn Fein Cllr Mick Quinn says if people notice anything suspicious, they should contact the Gardai immediately…..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mickq.mp3[/podcast] Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry By News Highland – March 27, 2012 Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ Twitter WhatsApp Twittercenter_img Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Facebook Facebook Reports of fake collectors asking people to pay household charge Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Google+ Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Previous articleCircuit Court orders immediate return of money as Elvin sentencing is adjournedNext articleGAA – Murphy Doubtful For Armagh Relegation Battle News Highland WhatsApplast_img read more

Read more

Deputy Doherty says emigration masking unemployment situation

first_img Pinterest Google+ 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Facebook WhatsApp Deputy Doherty says emigration masking unemployment situation News Previous articleMajor new Breast Cancer research project part funded by money raised in DonegalNext articleLYIT Killybegs campus reopening as discussions continue over its long term future News Highland Sinn Feins Finance spokesperson has said that emigration is masking the unemployment situation here.Figures released by The Central Statistics Office show that 89 thousand people emigrated – in the year to the end of April.While unemployment fell with 23,000 people coming off the live register.The Government has welcomed the figures, claiming that it proves that their job strategy is working.But Donegal South West Deputy Pearse Doherty says, given the amount of people emigrating, more people should be coming off the live register:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/pdoc.mp3[/podcast] RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th center_img Facebook Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal By News Highland – August 29, 2013 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest Twitter Google+ Twitter Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Read more