A 42-year-old farmer was mauled to death by a Sumatran tiger in the encroached forest area of Mount Leuser National Park in Langkat regency, North Sumatra over the weekend.The farmer, named Ramelan, was found by local people in Pir ADB village, Besitang district on Saturday evening at 11 p.m. in a severe condition.Ramelan was a farmer who lived in the former encroached area located in Sei Lepan district within the National Park. “The victim was mauled by a tiger in the encroached area in the park, the location used to be the habitat of Sumatran tigers,” the park’s spokesman Sudiro told The Jakarta Post on Sunday.Besitang district head Ibnu Hajar confirmed that his resident died in a tiger attack. His office reported the incident to the Langkat regent. The victim’s body was evacuated and laid to rest by his family on Sunday.Pir ADB village chief Ilham Bhakti said Ramelan farmed in areas around Mt. Leuser National Park. He explained that the victim went to his farmland with his partner on Saturday morning. However, he had still not returned home by the evening, prompting local residents to launch a joint search around the Park area. Ilham said the victim was found with severe wounds to his head, hip and thighs.Besitang police chief Adj. Comr. Adi Alfian said that before the incident, several residents had reported that they saw a tiger in the same location where Ramelan’s body was found.“In the afternoon before he was found dead, residents saw a tiger near the farm. We have not seen it again but we will push it back to its habitat to prevent further attacks,” he said.Habitat loss due to deforestation and land encroachment have fueled conflict between humans and the critically endangered big cat on Sumatra island. The Sumatran tiger, the only surviving species of the Sunda Islands tigers, has been listed as critically endangered on the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List since 2008. Topics :
15 Justin Street, Holland Park West.A four-bedroom, two-bathroom home with an impressive man cave at Holland Park West has sold for $1.07 million at auction.The property at 15 Justin St, went to auction on Saturday.Professionals Style Real Estate – Brisbane selling agent Peter Elisseos said the Art Deco home had a fantastic modern twist, bringing the outdoors in for year-round entertaining. More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020Check out the man cave at 15 Justin Street, Holland Park West.The property features a security system, polished timber floors, pedestrian gate and solar hot water. Mr Elisseos said the buyers were an older couple who were keen to move in as part of the next chapter of their lives.“They loved the feel of the area and the place in general,” he said.“The property is low maintenance and there is a nice old world charm about it.” 15 Justin Street, Holland Park West.The auction attracted a crowd of about 50 to 60 people, with five registered bidders.Mr Elisseos said about 30 bids were made throughout the auction battle.The property is close to child care centres, Catholic primary schools, Garden City Shopping Centre and local cafes.Public transport is just a stone’s throw away.
Croatia’s voluntary third pillar pension system may fall victim to the government’s bid to cut its budget deficit.In its 2014-17 convergence programme, submitted to the EU at the end of April, the government has proposed removing the state subsidy that members currently enjoy, arguing that only richer workers can afford to belong to the system.Croatia, which joined the EU last year, ran up a general government budget deficit of 4.9% in 2013.Under the EU’s Excessive Deficit Procedure, it is obliged to address the shortfalls in order to cut the deficit to 3% by 2016. The government wants the third-pillar legislation amended in 2015 and the change implemented from 2016.The tax stimulus amounts to 15% of total annual contributions to a maximum HRK750 (€98), and, along with the abolition of other savings subsidies, would only shave 0.05 percentage points off the deficit.The pensions industry is concerned that the changes will put the third pillar on the same footing as other financial products that do not have to generate annuities, and will further erode a system that, since its start in 2002, has remained relatively small.At the end of March, the six voluntary open-ended funds had a total membership of 208,618 and net assets of HRK2.3bn, while the 16 employer and trade union closed-end funds had 23,813 members and HRK516m in assets.The future for Croatia’s mandatory second pillar looks more assured.At a recent conference, labour and pension system minister Mirando Mrsić spoke of ultimately raising the current 5% contribution to 9%.This came as a relief for the pensions sector after the incorporation, in February’s new second-pillar pensions law, of a budget-reduction measure.Between 2014 and 2015, workers on privileged pensions, starting with the army and police, will have their second-pillar assets transferred to the first pillar, with all future contributions paid into the state system.As the result of this change, some 31,000 members and around 5% of assets had been removed from the second pillar as of the end of March 2014.The total number, including new workforce entries, stood at 1.68m, down from 1.7m at the end of 2013.Total assets stood at HRK58bn.
The suspects were Daryl Infante Banaag, Oscar Infante Banaag and Eric Arroyo Alanza. Joint forces of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency in Negros Occidental, Aklan, Antique, and Iloilo staged the operation at around 9:45 a.m. on July 18. Recovered from their possession were five sachets of suspected shabu weighing about 60 grams and drug paraphernalia. A police asset initially bought from the suspects a sachet. The buy-bust money was also recovered. BACOLOD City – Suspected shabu valued at around P408,000 was seized in a buy-bust operation in in Barangay 6, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental. Three “high-value” drug suspects were arrested and detained at the Kabankalan City police station over the weekend. The three suspects face a charge for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002./PN BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA
BATESVILLE, Ind. – The City of Batesville is kicking off the holiday season with the fifth annual Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration at the Memorial Building tonight from 5-7 p.m.Main Street between Catherine Street and George Street will be closed beginning at 4 p.m.City officials say residents can enjoy roasted marshmallows, kettle corn, cookies, hot cocoa and festive season music. There is a chance of rain late tonight with temperatures in the mid 30’s.First annual “Deck Your House, Holiday House Decorating Contest” contestants will be announced at 6 p.m.Citywide voting then begins and continues thru Thursday, December 11.
Batesville, In. — On May 1, 2018 Batesville Tool & Die announced the medical care provided at their onsite health clinic would transition from QuadMed to Margaret Mary Health, effective August 1, 2018. “The onsite clinic is a tremendous benefit for our employees and their families. Our focus has always been to ensure quality, convenient and affordable care and this new partnership will enhance our ability to do just that,” said Jody Fledderman, President and CEO, Batesville Tool & Die.According to Tim Putnam, President of Margaret Mary Health, “This is an exciting opportunity for us to further our mission to improve the health and wellness of our communities. We feel strongly that by creating this local connection and working together we can improve the health care experience for individuals, create healthier communities and help working people lead their best lives.”An advantage to establishing the local partnership is the ability to leverage MMH technology and health information systems which will provide BT&D employees and their families with better coordinated care between the clinic and the hospital when emergent or complex treatment is necessary, leading to improved patient outcomes.Onsite services will include primary, acute and chronic care management including sick care visits, annual wellness visits, routine screenings and sports physicals. Other services will include onsite lab testing and pharmacy services provided by George’s Pharmacy.“George’s Pharmacy is known for providing friendly, hometown service,” said Blake Gillman, Pharmacist and Owner of George’s Pharmacy. “We are proud to partner with local businesses that operate with the same values to improve quality of care for individuals in our local community. We look forward to providing outstanding, convenient service to Batesville Tool & Die employees and their families.”
ECVB traveled to Greensburg last night in a non-conference match-up to open the season. (New rule change of only 23 matches and 2 tournaments forced our conference into only playing each other once unless we wanted to keep it twice. We chose to keep Greensburg twice, so the second match counts toward conference). It was a hard fought match between both schools, but we fell short in 5 sets, losing 25-20, 19-25, 17-25, 25-20, 12-15. ‘The girls battled, we just didn’t make good decisions in critical moments. Greensburg made adjustments and we didn’t. Some of that I chalk up to inexperience, some to lack of trust early in the season playing with new people and learning each other’s tendencies. We aren’t the same type of team we have been for the last few years. We have a lot of new faces on our roster, are still trying to get 100% healthy, and we are all trying to figure out what makes this team tick and how we are going to push through. All in all, it was a fun match to be part of and I’m proud of the girls. I’m extremely impressed with how far we have come in 2 weeks and I have no doubt that they will bounce back and continue to get better every day. No one should be counting this team out!’ Trojans Coach Cassie Laker.ECVB JV started their season off with a victory over the Greensburg Pirates. Even though there is always room for growth, I saw many good things to take from this victory and to continue to emphasis on going forward. There were moments we let Greensburg fight their way back, but the girls continued to pursue. In the second set our play was more controlled and the girls seemed to have settled down playing with comfort and confidence. I am very excited to see what both levels can do throughout the season, especially post-season. Win or lose, this group of girls have quite the fight behind them. Courtesy of Trojans Coach Josie Andres.
Norwich have completed the permanent signing of Spanish defender Javier Garrido from Lazio for an undisclosed fee, Canaries manager Chris Hughton has confirmed. “He has played 34 games for us this season and the fact that we’ve signed him is a testament to the contribution he has made to the team since joining us last summer.” Garrido, who spent three years at Manchester City, was pleased to have made his move to Carrow Road a permanent one. “I’m so happy to have signed full-time for Norwich City,” he said. “I am very comfortable with everything here – with the players, the technical staff and of course the fans. I am just very happy that we have managed to remain in the Premier League where we belong. “Now I want to do everything I can to help Norwich continue to be successful in the Premier League. For me personally I am delighted to have secured my future playing in English football with Norwich City.” Garrido, who joined Norwich on loan last August, has signed a two-year deal with the option of a third season. The 28-year-old full-back has made 34 appearances for Norwich during his loan spell at Carrow Road. “I’m delighted to have secured the services of Javi on a permanent basis,” Hughton told the Norwich website. Press Association
“The midfielder is committed on Monday September 1 with English club West Ham,” a statement on their website read. “Olympique de Marseille and West Ham found on Monday evening an agreement for the transfer of midfielder Morgan Amalfitano. “He arrived at OM June 9, 2011, from FC Lorient – Morgan Amalfitano played 87 matches with Olympique de Marseille, scored 7 goals and delivered 14 assists.” Amalfitano spent last season on loan at West Ham’s Premier League rivals West Brom, scoring four goals – including a memorable strike in the Baggies’ 2-1 win against Manchester United at Old Trafford. Mohamed Diame has left West Ham to join Hull on deadline day – with confirmation of a move for Amalfitano likely to be the last action of a busy window for Allardyce’s side. West Ham later confirmed Amalfitano has signed a one-year deal with the club and the midfielder is looking forward to getting to work with the Hammers having already spoken to Allardyce. “The manager explained to me how the team plays and how he needs me,” he said. “I explained to him where I prefer as my position in his team. This is a new team with very good players with great experience of this league. I think everything can go well and I hope we have a good season. “I prefer to play behind the striker, but last year with West Brom I played on the right. I like to cross the ball too, but I can also give through passes from behind the striker. The coach will see what happens in every game and if he finds another position for me in the team, there is no problem for me. “I enjoyed my first year in English football and for that reason I have come back and hopefully I can improve again. The first year was good for my experience and I will try to help West Ham now by giving my best and continue to improve in this league. I like this country and this is the best league.” Morgan Amalfitano has become the ninth summer signing for West Ham, his former club Marseille have announced. Press Association The 29-year-old, who has received one France cap, was not expected to be moving to Upton Park on transfer deadline day but has now completed a deal to link up with Sam Allardyce’s side. He joins recent loan acquisition Alex Song as well as Carl Jenkinson, Enner Valencia, Diafra Sakho, Cheikhou Kouyate, Diego Poyet, Aaron Cresswell and Mauro Zarate in signing for the Hammers over the course of the summer, with Marseille confirming his departure from Ligue 1.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gives an update about the state’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.